Tax | 2023 Graduate | Christchurch
- Be supported in further study and professional development, we will help you gain industry certifications, and continue with postgraduate study
- Have a buddy and career coach to give you feedback, support and advice
- Connect with the best. Join Deloitte Tax and be part of an award winning passionate team that works hard for market-leading clients, celebrates wins and always makes time to have fun along the way!
What will you get to do?
With a deep expertise in tax, our team gives top-quality, practical advice that’s tailored to our client’s unique circumstances. If you’re looking to build a long-term career in tax, and want to deepen your technical expertise in this field and interact with a variety of clients, this is your chance to learn from some of the industry’s top taxation experts and work with a variety of top-tier clients ranging from multinational corporations, through to high net-worth individuals. Pretty interesting, right?
Your future starts with us.
With the diversity in our teams, we can take you places. Our supportive and diverse team works across the following areas;
1. Business Tax Advisory – We focus on delivering a comprehensive, practical approach to tax planning that helps corporate and international businesses meet their worldwide tax and statutory responsibilities while identifying planning opportunities and providing specialised services to achieve cost efficiencies. This includes helping clients navigate the complexities of the international tax world and advising clients with a particular industry focus (e.g. financial services), as well as their eligibility for R&D tax incentives.
2. Transfer Pricing - We work with multinational enterprises to help them understand and apply new global transfer pricing rules to their business. We also provide our clients with expertise on international-related party transactions and defend them in interactions with tax authorities. Consultants with transfer pricing experience are in high demand around the world, and skills developed in the New Zealand market are relevant throughout your career.
3. Indirect Tax - As New Zealand’s leading indirect tax practice, we're specialists in a broad range of increasingly important indirect taxes including GST and Customs. We’re at the forefront of indirect tax policy and framing national conversations on GST issues.. We provide indirect tax consulting and advisory services to our clients whilst also using data analytics and other technologies to offer solutions.
4. Mergers & Acquisitions – We provide tax advice to a variety of domestic and international clients to create value and help them achieve their commercial objectives in transactions (mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, equity investments or divestitures). Our involvement can include tax due diligence, structuring, sale documentation review, deal model review and post-merger integration services.
5. Global Employer Services - We help global employers navigate the tax, technology, immigration and mobility aspects through a global network of experts. We help them transform global programmes in a cost-efficient manner and use data analytics, digital insights and other technologies to offer our clients tailored solutions.
6. Private Tax & Advisory – We provide advice to some of New Zealand’s most successful privately owned companies, high net worth individuals and not-for-profits. You’ll get to see the full gamut ranging from complex tax structuring, tax effective acquisitions and divestitures, right through to international expansion, succession planning, tax authority interaction and compliance.
7. National Tax – This is predominantly an internal facing role where the rest of the Tax & Private team are your clients. Our role is helping our people to understand new tax developments, so that we can then provide value to our clients. If you have an interest in tax policy or getting into lots of detail on an issue, this is the role for you as we monitor tax policy developments and interpretations, analyse and research technical tax issues, communicate developments internally and externally. As a member of the team, you’ll get external eminence when you contribute to our popular Tax Alert publication.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you.
We are looking for anyone pursuing a degree and passion for Commerce and/or Business / Law and a genuine interest in a career in Tax.
You’ll possess the following skills;
- Excellent communicator and collaborator, able to work well in team environment
- Phenomenal time management and organisational skills
- Research ability. Sharp, analytical with attention to detail
- Self-awareness with good emotional intelligence to navigate between clients with competing priorities
Resilience and the ability to embrace change
Sound like the sort of role for you? Apply now!
Remember you will need your CV, covering letter and academic transcript. Please only apply once, multiple applications will not be considered. You must be legally entitled to live and work in New Zealand from the time of application to be considered.
Please be aware, if a particular opportunity becomes oversubscribed, we will close it for applications before the stated deadline. We recommend you submit your full application as early as possible.