Law Graduate - Environment and Planning - July 2022
• Join the world’s largest law firm
• Excellent culture and benefits
• Central Auckland CBD, Viaduct/Wynyard office with grandstand views
Dentons Kensington Swan is a leading commercial law firm. We have the largest global reach of any firm in the New Zealand market with unparalleled access, not only to lawyers, but also to sector experts, training, talent support and opportunities across the globe. It gives us access not only to a global talent pool of experts, but also the best in class legal technology and resources.
Building the law firm of the future now
We believe in being ‘in and of the community’, and are passionate about making a difference in New Zealand. Building the law firm of the future requires exceptional people, those who are challengers.
Environment and Planning team
Our national three partner Environment and Planning team is based in Auckland and Wellington. The team provides expertise in all aspects of resource management and environmental law, advising clients on water and transport infrastructure projects, district and regional plan development, heritage regulation and urban renewal.
What we are looking for?
If you are committed to fast tracking your future, then you can be confident that joining as a Graduate with Dentons Kensington Swan will give you what you need as you take the first steps in forging your career. We are looking for someone to join us as a Law Graduate in our Auckland office in mid-2022. If you are on track to graduate or recently graduated, ambitious and ready to take on significant challenges from day one, we’d like to hear from you. You will:
• Be an individual who does what you say you'll do and be willing to help others
• Hold a record of work experience (paid or voluntary), team involvement
• Excelled in your law degree, and have experienced challenges and successes both academically and in employment.
• Have aspirations to build a career as a recognised expert in the environment and planning area.
Individuality is prized just as much as willingness to collaborate or take responsibility. You can be confident that joining Dentons Kensington Swan as a graduate will provide you a pathway to becoming a recognised lawyer.
What do we offer?
We offer you the opportunity to be part of a positive and inclusive team that works in partnership with our clients and other teams locally and across the Dentons network, where you will get plenty of valuable experience and mentoring. We are a future focused firm and that ethos extends to our people too.
At Dentons Kensington Swan, we offer a competitive remuneration package along with benefits that will make a positive difference to your work/life balance.
• Begin a comprehensive, structured training programme through our Dentons KS Academy, starting with our Foundation Legal Skills programme
• Generous study leave and support to complete your Professional Legal Studies
• We are a global business but locally run and operated, giving us the best of both worlds
• An extra paid holiday for Dentons Kensington Swan Day
• Lifestyle leave - we recognise that people have busy lives so there is the opportunity to buy extra leave each year
• Paid parental leave of 18 weeks/ 3 weeks for non-primary caregiver
• We dress for our day and our role
• Access to free in-house legal advice
• Regular social events, including Friday Fives, sporting and charity events, annual balls, family Christmas parties, and an end of year function
• Dedicated wellness programme including EAP support.
Dentons Kensington Swan is Rainbow Tick certified. We believe inclusion drives diversity and fostering an environment where our people thrive through diversity of thought and shared experience makes us the successful global firm we are. We encourage applications irrespective of race, ethnicity, culture, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age or disability. Dentons Kensington Swan is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an environment where everyone respects and supports each other.
For more information about our Environment and Planning team check out https://www.dentons.co.nz/en/industries-and-practices/practices/environment-and-natural-resources
To apply, please submit your CV, cover letter and academic transcript. For a confidential conversation, please contact Pip Kistler, 09 375 1126.