Terms & Conditions
1. Agreement to terms
2. Use of the NxtStep Website
2.1. You agree that you will not use the Website in any manner that is unlawful, or in any manner contrary to, or prohibited by, these Terms and Conditions.
Without limiting clause 2.1, you agree that you will:
- provide accurate information to us and update it as necessary;
- in the case of graduate Users, use your real name when creating and using your NxtStep profile;
- comply with all applicable laws, regulations and notices sent to you by NxtStep; and
- be solely responsible for your interactions and connections with other Users of the Website.
Without limiting clause 2.1, you agree that you will not, directly or indirectly:
- provide or upload false information, create a false identity or use or attempt to use another person’s Organisation Profile or NxtStep profile, as the case may be;
- defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten, breach the confidence of, or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy) of others;
- hack into any part of the Website through password mining, phishing, or any other means;
- knowingly introduce viruses, Trojans, worms, logic bombs, spyware, malware or other similar material;
- circumvent the Website’s structure, presentation or navigational function so as to obtain information NxtStep has chosen not to make publicly available through the Website;
- disrupt an exchange of information between Users or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects other Users, including through a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack;
- transmit any unsolicited advertising or promotional materials, or any other forms of solicitation, unless expressly authorised by NxtStep;
- attempt to modify, reverse engineer, or reverse-assemble any part of the Website;
- breach any applicable laws or regulations; or
- engage in any other conduct that NxtStep considers, in its absolute discretion, breaches these Terms and Conditions.
You acknowledge and agree that the information published by NxtStep, on its Website, does not, under any circumstances, constitute legal or professional advice.
You further acknowledge that:
- the posting of graduate vacancies, opportunities or advertisements for goods and services, by NxtStep does not imply an endorsement or recommendation of the organisation, or the opportunity advertised, by NxtStep;
- the making available of student data by NxtStep does not imply an endorsement or recommendation of the student for any graduate vacancy advertised by NxtStep;
- NxtStep reserves the right to share your contact information with identified partners. For a list of identified partners please contact NxtStep;
- whilst NxtStep uses reasonable measures to ensure the accuracy and currency of data or information made available on the Website, it is not responsible for the accuracy or currency of such data or information supplied to it by third parties or Users and NxtStep makes no guarantee in relation the accuracy or currency of data or information made available on the Website.
We may change these terms and our privacy statement at any time and will provide you with notice of changes, whether on this site or by email. You accept that notice of a change on this site is sufficient notice to you. Your continued use of the site after such changes means you consent to those changes.
4. Account security - your responsibilities
If you register for an account to gain access to certain parts of the site, you are responsible for:
- keeping your username and password confidential;
- protecting and securing your username and password from unauthorised access and use; and
- protecting your computing environment from unauthorised access, viruses and malicious software.
Your username and password are personal to you. You are not permitted to share them with others.
We may suspend or disable your username and password if we consider it necessary for security reasons or if you breach these terms.
5. Personal Information
Upon creating a NxtStep profile you will be required to provide NxtStep with certain Personal Information, such as your name, address, age, gender, and citizenship or work status.
NxtStep may use any information provided with respect to ethnicity and gender to compile statistical information.
However, you should note that potential employers may also use this information in order to undertake target specific recruitment. The information collected may also include the frequency with which you use the Services, the graduate positions or courses that you apply for, and any personal correspondence to NxtStep or correspondence to Organisations through the Website.
No Personal Information is collected if you are simply browsing the Website.
You acknowledge that NxtStep requests your Personal Information as part of the process of assisting you in finding employment, and you agree that, in requesting this information.
Privacy and your Personal Information
NxtStep respects the privacy of your Personal Information.
Personal Information is information about you which includes information you have provided to NxtStep when registering with NxtStep and/or setting up your NxtStep profile, whether through completion of a registration form on the Website or through importation of profile information via a third party log-in provider such (but not limited to) Google, Facebook, Yahoo or Hotmail, or when applying for specific graduate positions through the Website. This type of information includes, but is not limited to, your:
- phone number;
- email address;
- university attended;
- grade average;
- graduation date;
- work rights; and
If you do not want any cookies to be placed on your hard drive, you can alter your browser settings to refuse them. However, this may also limit the way you view the Website.
If you add content to this site, you must have all the rights you need to add that content and to ensure that our use of that content in accordance with these terms will not:
- breach any laws or legally binding codes;
- infringe any person's intellectual property rights or other legal rights or protected interests; or
- give rise to any legal cause of action against us or you or any third party.
If we suspect that you have breached these requirements, we may remove, suspend, amend or delete the relevant content.
We do not claim ownership of your content but you grant us a non-exclusive, perpetual and irrevocable licence to store, copy, reformat, publish and otherwise use that content for the purposes of operating this site and exercising our rights under these terms.
7. Our content and your use of it
Except for your content, and unless otherwise indicated, we or our licensors are the owners of the intellectual property rights in this site and the content on this site. You may not use our intellectual property rights and content unless authorised to do so under these terms or by us in writing.
In addition, the licence above does not apply to the website’s design elements or to any government or other organisation’s emblems or logos. These elements, emblems and logos may not be reproduced without our written consent.
8. Third party content
Where copyright material is owned by a third party, that will be indicated. You may not do anything with material owned by a third party that would breach their intellectual property rights unless you have their permission. We cannot grant that permission.
9. Contributors’ views are their own
Any views or opinions expressed on the website are not necessarily endorsed by NxtStep, and their publication on the website shall not be taken as an endorsement of their specific views or opinions.
NxtStep is designed to help you make better informed work, training and career decisions. However, we recommend you also refer to other sources of information such as relevant training providers, or professional or trade organisations before making any decisions about your career.
Although we make every effort to ensure all material on our website is reliable and accurate at the time of publishing, we cannot accept any liability for its accuracy or content. Use of our website is at your own risk.
11. Linking policy
NxtStep provides links to other websites when we think you may be interested in what they offer. We have no control over the conduct of the companies or organisations operating those websites
The Website may include links to Third Party Websites. NxtStep makes no guarantee as to the content, functionality, or accuracy of any Third Party Websites.
Third Party Websites are subject to the terms and conditions outlined by that third party.
Any links to Third Party Websites do not:
- indicate a relationship between NxtStep and the third party; or
- indicate any endorsement or sponsorship by NxtStep of the Third Party Website, or the goods or services it provides,
The Website is linked to various social networking sites, including Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter. You acknowledge and agree that:
- any comments or content that you post on such social networking sites through a link provided on the Website, are subject to the terms and conditions of that particular social networking site;
- you will not post any comments that are false, misleading, deceptive or defamatory to NxtStep or its employees, agents, or officers, or which may damage the reputation of NxtStep; and
- we are not responsible or liable for any comments or content that you or other Users post on social networking sites.
- If you create a link to the Website, the website from which you create the link must not contain any illegal, offensive or distasteful
- material, including (but not limited to) material that promotes harassment or discrimination.
12. Changes to the website
NxtStep may change, suspend or discontinue any aspect of th3e website at any time, including any service or content offered by or through this website.
We value your comments and opinions. If you have comments, questions or complaints about any of our services or website policies please contact us.
Contact NxtStep at firstname.lastname@example.org